remains of the day for 3 jan 2012
- Unintended consequences? DEA quotas mean that there are nationwide shortages of ADD & ADHD medication. Oh, and it’s also allowing the drug companies to create artificial scarcities to force patients to switch from generics to the more expensive branded versions of the same drug.
- Are you a music person? Do you want to try and teach your friends basic music theory? Then I have a tabletop card game for you!
- Great New Yorker profile of Sleater-Kinney/Portlandia star Carrie Brownstien. It’s a pretty nice article, and very Portland. It’s the kind of article that will probably make me nostalgic in about ten years, once I forget how awful.. uh… now is.
- Speaking of the New Yorker, here’s a highbrow article wondering if the magazine is highbrow or lowbrow. I know I went through a few phases, including thinking it was what rich, smart people read, to hating the magazine for its stupid captions and bland design, to becoming addicted to their profiles and reportage.
- Being fat sucks.
- Yayoi Kusama’s The Obliteration Room: